Your safety whilst taking part in our events is extremely important to us. Being part of the British Riding Club we follow guidelines to ensure that all of our members are looked after. Please see the list of guidelines below;
British Riding Club Guidelines
All members are required to have their hats tagged before competing in any BRC Qualifier or Championship.
When you arrive at the competition, take your hat with you when you go to declare. The Official Steward will then check that your hat complies to an accepted standard, and will place a unique BRC tag on it. It is a good idea to allow a little extra time when arriving at a competition for this process to be done.
Please note, you will not be allowed to ride anywhere at that event if your hat has not been tagged, and hats which do not comply to an accepted standard will not be tagged under any circumstances.
It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure they arrive at a competition with a hat to the correct standard so it is therefore imperative that you check your hat before you get to the event in order to avoid disappointment. To do this:
1) Use the BRC Rule Book for reference on the latest standards.
2) Check that your hat clearly displays one of the accepted standards.
3) Check that the standard also shows the correct corresponding date.
4) Check that your hat also displays the correct corresponding safety standard mark.
5) Make sure that you do not remove any labels from inside of your hat which may hold the relevant information as a hat will cannot be tagged without all of the required information permanently visible.
Only hats which comply with all of these above steps will be accepted for tagging. If you’re in doubt, please contact the BRC office for further advice. If your hat cannot be tagged, you will not be allowed to ride wearing that hat under any circumstances.
No matter what your ability or what standard you or your horse is working towards, it should always be fun! Click here to explore club membership.
Browse our many upcoming events for all abilities, including clinics, camps, show jumping, dressage and TREC open competitions and training.
We hope you enjoyed taking part in one of our competitions as much as we enjoyed having you! Click the link above to find out the results of your latest entry.